Tuesday 25 August 2009

Home Sweet Home

Coming back from Emmendingen today, we took the alternate route through my favourite part of the Rhine Valley. Pity I didn't have my camera with me, it was utterly beautiful. The blue Vosges against the golden hues of the slowly setting sun on the one side, and the lush green hills of the old volcano on the other. The vast expanse of field and forest as far as the eye could see. There's something about this place so deeply imbedded in ancestral memory. Indeed this was homeland of my predecessors so many generations ago. Always such a deep reaching experience everytime I pass through these parts. This was also Goethe's favourite haunt. Sigh...I think I will come through here again in the fall, with my camera of course. Somewhere I have some pictures I took from the Haut-Koenigsburg overlooking these parts. I must find them and post them once I have a little more time to spare...

No comments:

Post a Comment