Tuesday 8 August 2017

Activism in the Bizarro World


As much as I may feel inspired by some form of altruism, too many people are simply putting on airs for want of peer worship. It has become such an unfortunate sham of protagonistic narcissism, either riding the moral paradox of good versus evil, or crusading some Utopian ideal as if it were really all that simple. Given the opportunity to plaster their mugs all over the world wide web, the fashion statements are insurmountable to what's going on in the real world, and that without the least effort to fact check their sources. I see health icons secretly gorging themselves with fast food, misogynists pretending to be pro-feminist, alleged naturalists living in the urban sprawl who can't even grow their own petunias in window boxes. Say nothing of animal lovers who freak out when their pets bring home a fresh kill to return the favour. Then there's the ones who plaster your FB wall with all kinds of graphic horror in their vain attempts at emotional blackmail for donations, and do I really give a shit what your sexual orientation? I mean, seriously... So please don't come onto me with your pseudo-spiritual RPG, proverbial holier than thou, and theatrics for tribal dilettantes. I am not inclined to take things for face value. I reserve my altruisms for those who really mean it on the home front. Now go and nail yourselves to a cross elsewhere.

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment