Thursday 2 October 2008

Pointing the Finger

Received a most interesting message yesterday from a site making accusations that I am imparted to a "Heathen Conspiracy". Ooo, now this could prove intriguing! This allegation was made on the basis of a discussion mainly between myself and two friends in their chatroom. While I am aware those chatroom logs can be read by the admin, that’s fine by me. It had always been a place where members could vent their anger, rather than get into a flaming contest on the boards, so I’m sure the evidence of that is plenty. I’m also sure plenty of nasty things about me were said there, but I’m not inclined to regard that as a real threat. As I said a thousand times before, I’m just not into popularity contests, nor does my kind of ego need to rely on them. I admire myself way too much to let others agrandizations dictate my attitudes LOL. Although my adolescence had an earful of morality from the so-called pillars of the Christian community. The irony is, I wasn't baptized so I got ostracized anyway. While I am sure some are not so pious, the moral of the story is that any old ideology can be used for the "holier than thou". It serves to confuse the issue by deliniating any interpretation of "good and bad" into lobbies of us and them- but that’s only if you believe in it. I don’t...but I have a few of my own impressions of what they are trying to convey:

1) Human nature is flawed and should be humilated such that it accepts the wishes of others as first and foresmost. One’s own wishes are "selfish" thereby null and void. Of course if you are determined to make the ultimate sacrifice in order "to fit in", there are numerous institutions that can accomodate you:
a) The military
b) Mental Institution
c) Prison
d) Ghetto
e) Gov’t or corporate reseach labs.

2) Those superior are those who put on the most illustrious and impeccable fascade, regardless of what their actual human condition. Under no circumstances must you reveal any flaws in your condition unless it serves inspire the charitable commitments of your peers/minions to make compensations.

3) In order to fully qualify as superior your popularity must beguile the rewards that ennable you to conform to the "elite" of that class of society you wish to impress. Of course to maintain this status, you must partake in the competitions and give offerings of entertainment according to the customary rituals of ettiquette of that class.

4) If you wish to particularly achieve superior political or religious status you must strictly conform to the "double standard". That means that those under you must be regularly and rhetorically reminded of all the above mentioned, and justified with whatever moral or ideological excuses serve your cause at the appropriate time. Should anyone disagree then these justifications can be used to question their integrity. If they resist, put them under surveillance and hounding until they revolt. Should they suspect any instigation of this, "denial" further serves to make their integrity all the more questionable and suspect of complicity. Remember the golden rule: "If yer not fer us, yer aginst us" (sic).

Frankly I could go on and on, but that pretty well says it...and now the truth. Yes I am a heathen. What is a heathen? A mere mortal fetch with the ancestral pride and courage to accept natural order for what it is. Alot of interactive forces we can define both scientifically and culturally. The Asir and Vanir we identify with their character and behaviour is dynamic in that way- and like all things in the continuum; the many different integral parts of a very multifarious whole. There is no one-size-fits-all. The same goes for our view of each other. While outward appearances can beguile, it what’s underneath that fascinates the desire to explore. Life is a challenge, the great experiment of possibilities. More a question of tolerance than morality. Each responsible for their own actions. In our world, not even the gods are expected to be perfect. Rather, it’s the ability to make a difference where all else fails- that’s what’s important above all. Without it there would be no evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment